ICC Chef Eduardo's Mornay Sauce
Accompaniment • Sauce
- 2 T Butter solid
- 1 t diced shallots
- 2 T flour
- 4 Oz white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pinch grated nutmeg (or ground)
- 4 Oz grated gruyere cheese (or swiss)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook till translucent.
- Add in flour and stir constantly, until the flour turns medium pale.
- Add the white wine and cream and continue to whisk until sauce thickens and comes to boil.
- Reduce heat and add cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- If sauce seems to thick add little milk.