Kimberly's Raspberry Angel Cake
Source: Kimberly Kresge, the Pastry Princess
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 1 box (3 ounces) raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 1 can whipping (heavy) cream
- In large bowl, stir together the boiling water and gelatin to dissolve the gelatin.
- Add raspberries and stir until they thaw.
- Refrigerate until partially set. The mixture should mound slightly in a spoon.
- While waiting for the mixture to jell, cut the cake into 1-inch cubes and put them in a 9 x 12-inch baking dish.
- When the gelatin is ready, with chilled beaters and bowl, beat the whipping cream until the cream will mound slightly.
- Whip the gelatin with a wire whisk, and then gently fold in the whipped cream. Spoon the gelatin mixture over the cake. Press down any cake squares that float.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, 4 to 8 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Light, fluffy, fruity and fantastic for your Fourth of July menu!