Sushi Gefilte Fish
Breakfast/Lunch, Main Dish, Side Dish/Salad • Fish, Parve
Serving size: 5
Cook time: 40 mins
- 1 (20-ounce) roll Ungar's Gefilte Fish or Salmon Gefilte Fish, thawed
- 5 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Manischewitz Horseradish
- Gefen Soy Sauce
- wasabi sauce
- Gefen Mayonnaise
- 1. Defrost the fish until it will spread evenly and divide into five equal portions.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a sheet of nori seaweed, shiny side down, on a flat surface. Gently spread one portion of gefilte fish on the seaweed. Arrange the sliced red peppers in a single row along one edge of the sheet. Follow with a row of shredded carrots alongside the peppers. Starting from the side with the peppers and carrots, tightly roll up the nori sheet jelly-roll style.
- 3. Repeat with the four remaining nori sheets. Transfer the rolls to a baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until firm.
- 4. When ready to serve, slice the rolls into one-inch pieces. Serve cold, with your choice of horseradish, soy sauce, wasabi sauce, or mayo for dipping.