Lori #2's Coconut Shrimp
Source: Lori Mansell, Master Hugger & People Pleaser courtesy of paleogrubs
- 1 1/2 pound large shrimps ; peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- coconut oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Place the shredded coconut in a plate.
- Dip each shrimp in the eggs then press in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the coconut oil to depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Fry the shrimps in batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per batch.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- Delicious with a little drizzle of honey!
- When you’re serving up coconut shrimp at home, why not try out some cauliflower rice as a side dish? That will make a full meal of it.