Cheryl's Mmmmmm Version of Ina Garten Strawberry Cake
Source: Corporate Closer Cheryl Hopkins
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3oz box of strawberry jello - dry
- 1 16oz frozen strawberries packed in syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter- softened
- 1 8oz pack of cream cheese - softened
- 1/4 cup of strawberry puree reserved from the cake
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Defrost the strawberries and puree in blender. Reserve 1/4 cup for the icing.
- Blend cake mix & dry jello then add strawberries, oil, & water.
- Bake a 350 for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.Test with tooth pick till center is done.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together then add strawberry puree & vanilla. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar till smooth.
- Strawberries and cream make this dessert a dream!