MCM Mushroom Avocado Toast
Serving size: 3-4
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 11 mins
- 1 lbs mushrooms (sliced, any variety)
- 2-3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bread (toasted) sourdough
- 2 avocado
- fresh lemon – for the juice
- 1. Warm skillet over high heat, Add the butter. When the butter is hot, add the garlic. About a minute later, pour in the mushrooms. Toss around a bit with a spatula to coat everything evenly.
- 2. Cook for 5-8 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste. Once tender and lightly browned turn off the heat and rest. There should be no liquid in the pan.
- 3. Drizzle bread with olive oil, and lightly Toast.
- 4. Into a bowl, add Cut Avocado slices, squeeze a little lemon juice, add salt and mash in bowl with a fork, Taste to your liking
- 5. Spread the avocado mash on your toast and press into your pan of cooked mushrooms. They should stick perfectly to the top of the toast. Optional to add fresh cut herbs on top. Serve and enjoy
Amount per serving
Serving size: 2-4 serving
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 9g