Chef's Panna Cotta Party
Source: ICC Executive Chef Eduardo Alvarez
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean split and seed scraped
- 1 basket blueberries
- 1 basket raspberries
- 1 basket strawberries
- Pour gelatin in small bowl with 2 tablespoon of water and set aside.
- In a medium thick pot pour cream, sugar, scraped vanilla beans, over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add gelatin mixture to heated cream, stir constantly until dissolved.
- Divide berries evenly into 8 oz martini glasses to your liking.
- Add the panna cotta evenly and refrigerate until firm, about two hours
- Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and molded.
- Totally not in the recipe but the cream may be aromatized with rum, coffee, vanilla, or other flavorings. So feel free to get creative.