Jeff & Dylan's Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken
Main Dish • Chicken
Serving size: 4
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 3 oz. mild chilies
- 12 oz. Franks Red-Hot sweet chili sauce
- 16 oz. mild salsa Verde
- 3 tbsp concentrated lime juice
- 1 cup water (from rinsing out containers)
- 2 tbsp Corn starch
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boxes Zatarain's Salsa Verde red beans & rice
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Orange wedges, for serving and garnish
- 1. Start the rice.
- 2. Start the sauce by adding mild chilies, Franks Red-Hot sweet chili sauce, mild salsa Verde, lime juice, and 1/2 c. water to a 7 quart Dutch oven.
- 3. Make a slery with the soy sauce and corn starch then add to the Dutch oven and start to heavy simmer.
- 4. In a deep skillet brown the chicken until almost cooked through. Add to Dutch oven and finish cooking.
- 5. Serve chicken & sauce over the rice and garnish with orange wedges.
- Use 3 boxes of rice.
- Made 7-8-2017
- Instant Hit !!!
- I added the chilies & salsa Verde.
- Adjust the amount of chilies to adjust the level of heat.